3-PART DOCUMENTARY SERIES
Organised crime has a new field of operations, which experts put on a par with arms and drug trafficking: "eco-crimes". This three-part documentary shows for the first time how international networks of poachers, pirates, smugglers and cartels are targeting the treasures of Nature and undermining the basis of life on Earth.
The films also show how dedicated individuals and organisations are pitting themselves against this environmental Mafia: tenacious customs officers, courageous fishery inspectors, resolute public prosecutors and above all members of environmental protection organisations, who risk their lives to go undercover and investigate these crimes and their perpetrators.
With their support, and with the evidence of court proceedings, interrogation transcripts and witness statements, each episode traces a genuine case of "eco-crimes". Some key scenes have been re-enacted - by the actual investigators involved. Three documentaries which enthral viewers with the pace and tension of crime thrillers - "Eco-Crimes".
Produced by LÄNGENGRAD Filmproduktion in co-production with WDR in collaboration with ARTE, SEPPIA // Supported by MEDIA Programme of the European Union, Région Alsace, Communauté Urbaine de Strasbourg // In co-operation with Eurovision TV, Planète, Planète No Limit, CYBC, Duna TV, ERT, RTBF, RTE, RTP, SVT
The Tibet Connection - The illegal trafficking in tiger skins
The Ozone Killers - The trade in banned chemicals which destroy the ozone layer
Fishing Pirates - The illegal fishing industry in the world's oceans
- Grand Prix for Documentary films, 5th European Environment Festival Green Wave - 21st Century, Bulgaria
- Grand Prix, Envirofilmfestival, Slovakia
- Prize of the International Jury, TECHFilmfestival, Czech Republic
- Gold-Award and Global Awareness Award. Woldmediafestival, Hamburg/Germany
- Silver Screen Award, US International Film&Video Festival, West Hollywood/USA
- Merit Award for Conservation Message, International Wildlife Film Festival, Missoula, Montana/USA
- Finalist Blue Ocean Film Festival, USA
- Erster Preis "Beste Geschichte" beim Green Screen Festival 2009
- Best Film category 'wildlife conservation' at the CMS Vatavaran Environment & Wildlife Film Festival, Neu Delhi/India
- Award of the Initiators of the Festival, Ekofilm Festival 2009, Czech Republic
- Grand Prix of the 36th International Ekotop Film Festival in Brastislava/Slovakia and the Award of the Ministry of Defense